How can a small brown box deliver so much?
- Design out leakage
- Design out street furniture
- Perfect secure platform for smart metering
- Easy meter reading access
- Cost effective / efficient use of labour
Is an insulated, surface mounted enclosure for a secure water management system and smart water meter as required, manufactured using reprocessed materials to meet the green agenda.
Groundbreaker can be installed at any time during the construction or life of a dwelling, offering total access to water control.
Groundbreaker has previously benefitted from “secure by design” awards as the apparatus is located on the building served with no street furniture or liability in the highway.
For use on:
Greenfield sites, contaminated (brownfield sites), urban regeneration, new build, modular homes, park homes & caravan sites, temporary water supplies.
Groundbreaker provides the perfect platform for a “smart” meter – linking to the home “hub” for remote reading.
Compliant with and indeed exceeding all water legislation, Groundbreaker offers the perfect solution to water supplies in the 21st Century.
Click here to download the WRAS approval certificate for Groundbreaker
Please see our How To page for a short video on Groundbreaker installation.
Product Image Gallery
Click on any image to enlarge and view the full product image gallery.
- WRAS Approval No. 2104702
- WRc (Regulation 4) Approval No. 202231
- Exceeds BS 5422
- Compliant with BS6920 & BS EN ISO 1224
- Compliant with standards laid down by Australian Standard AU 4020
- Certified to resist temperatures as low as -15C for 3 days when installed correctly (Water Industry Standard 4-37-01)
- Hard wearing and UV stabilised outer shell over high quality insulation.
- Certified to provide whole site protection against back flow to Fluid Category 2
- Dimensions: 500mm tall, 330mm wide, 170mm deep
- Every unit tested and certified as resisting pressures of 15 bar.
- Maximum (burst) pressure measured at 46 bar (640 psi).
The user should cut 40mm off the up-stand end of the preformed PE pipe when using the universal pipe insert, or revert to a standard PE pipe insert (not supplied).
Installation guide video
An installation guide video is available to view on our How to page. Visit How To Page
Have a question?
Looking to buy?
We have a wide range of stockists, suppliers, distributors and installers across the UK.
Our Other Products
A water pipe insulation and protection system, for new and existing water services.
Protecting water pipes in "difficult" situations
For whole site protection from backflow. Also for ‘keyhole surgery’ on failed boundary boxes.
LoFlo - part of a water neutrality solution