To protect water pipes in “Difficult” situations
- Where depth of cover cannot be achieved
- Over reinforced concrete foundations
- Avoid damage to tree roots etc.
- Over “broken” surfaces
Insulated ducting, is designed to protect water pipes from frost outside the thermal envelope of a building, where water pipes cannot be laid at the prescribed depth (>750mm + <1350mm)
For either standard PE or barrier pipe of either 25 or 32mm diameter.
e.g. over rock, foundations, ditches, tree roots or overland for “temporary” services.
SHalloduct has been designed to not only comply with, but to exceed standards laid down by BS5422 and within Water Regulation (4) including “extreme” weather conditions.
Product Image Gallery
Click on any image to enlarge and view the full product image gallery.
- Compliant with BS 6920 & BS EN ISO 12241
- Compliant with BS5422 & DETR guidelines
- Compliant with and exceeds Water Regulation (R4.4 – .12)
- Please note: WRAS testing criteria and certification does not review materials which are NOT in contact with potable water.
- Impermeable insulation to eliminate risk of groundwater saturation.
- Dimensions: Length 840mm Diameter 90mm (fits into a 94mm twin wall pipe or similar)
- Thermal resistivity (heat loss) for various pipe sizes, if in any doubt, please call your local water company. Download Thermal Calculator
- Computation of frost protection for 32mm PE pipes
Downoad the calculator
- Simply tape the two halves together and run through a 94mm twin wall pipe (Rigiduct or similar)
- Each section of SHalloduct is 840mm long and can be butt jointed inside protective sleeve as image.
- For joints in ducts use proprietary socket joints available through most merchants
- To turn bends, cut at 45 degrees (mitre) and tape to close or concrete over.
Have a question?
Looking to buy?
We have a wide range of stockists, suppliers, distributors and installers across the UK.
Our Other Products
To provide water control and metering for domestic and light commercial properties.
A water pipe insulation and protection system, for new and existing water services.
For whole site protection from backflow. Also for ‘keyhole surgery’ on failed boundary boxes.
LoFlo - part of a water neutrality solution